Laptop repair training covers a number of issues with laptops. In this article, we are going to learn how to resolve a sound card problem. To start with, a sound card is more like an integrated processor that perform functions to hear, play and record the sound. It is used especially to improve the sound quality in a laptop. It is also used when there is a special need to perform advance recording or editing functions. If anything goes wrong in the sound system, you cannot wait to fix it. The laptop is a multimedia hub and sound is one of the indispensable aspects of the devices. In a best laptop repairing course, students can learn fixing this issue and the method is shared through this article.
Troubleshoot Laptop Sound Card Issue:
Basic troubleshooting procedure must be used for directly removing the faulty device. The first thing you should know about a sound card is its placement. Carefully have a look on how the card is integrated with the laptop. Once, you understood the type of slot you can easily move further.
- Check the cables attached to the sound card. Also, have a look at the nearby connections. You might solve the issue by simply correcting the cable connection.
- Although, in a laptop repairing institute students are trained to carry out the actual procedure but still for your safety always keep the sound card manual handy.
- Now, move to the next step that is to check the power of the speakers. Speaker will never turn off even if the sound card is not working.
- The next step is to see the connections of the audio cables. You will notice color coded wires hence carefully check if each wire is inserted into the right connector. In addition, the cables attached must be secure and placed properly.
- There might be an issue with your speaker! Hence, check the warranty of the speakers but there is a lesser chance that the speaker stops working. Further, if your problem is related to the speaker then you can learn replace the speakers and insert the new one. Students doing best laptop repairing course are experts in integrating/replacing laptop components.
- Look whether the sound card is properly inserted into the PCI slot. At times, the sound card was displaced from its position. Hence, check the case whether the card is securely inserted or not.
- If it does not work then replace the system unit cover. Now, go to the window folder and check the software that allows the sound card to perform its functions. The name of this software will be device drivers in the laptop.
If you have followed all the above steps and still your card is not working then remove the card carefully as told in best laptop repairing course and insert it an another laptop. By inserting it in another laptop, you will get to know whether there is a problem with the sound card or the system. All these steps, which are followed in laptop repairing institute can help you save money by resolving an issue with laptop sound cards!